For dinner last night I made us these tuna cakes from this month’s Southern Living and they were delish. I love a good seafood cake of about any kind. Enjoy! And you definitely have to try the creole mayo with them. That was the best part.
- 2 (12-oz.) cans solid white tuna in spring water, drained well*
- 1 1/4 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Drain and rinse tuna. Place tuna and breadcrumbs in a large bowl; stir in eggs, lemon zest, mustard, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, and 1 tsp. Creole seasoning. Shape mixture into 8 (3-inch) patties.
2. Cook 4 patties in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining tuna cakes and oil.
3. Combine lemon juice and remaining 2/3 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 tsp. Creole seasoning. Serve with hot tuna cakes.
*5 (5-oz.) cans solid white tuna in spring water, drained well, may be substituted.