I made this delicious pimento cheese over the weekend and posted a photo on the social medias, and several people asked for the recipe — so here you go!
I finally read my July issue of Southern Living and this is what happens. Since I couldn’t eat all of the watermelon, peach or cucumber recipes (since it’s almost October now), I opted for the year-round, ever-enjoyable cheese.
Disclaimer – this recipe is adapted from Southern Living’s. I say adapted, because I accidentally grabbed green onions from the store instead of chives. Win.
But I thoroughly enjoy green onions, so I’d do it again. If you want chives though, do 1/3 cup of chives instead of the 1/4 cup green onions.
- 1 (12-oz.) block aged sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grate half of cheese using the large holes of a box grater; grate remaining half of cheese using the small holes of box grater. Stir together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients. Stir in Cheddar cheese until well blended. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days.